1. Turn your oven on to 175 C / 350 F
2. Melt the butter and let cool
3. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar
4.in a separate bowl sift in all of the dry ingredients and give it a light stir
5. Pour the dry mixtur to the wet and mix it all up. And then add the vanilla extract
(This is how the cake should look like when it comes out of the oven)
For the cream:
Whilst waiting for the cake in the oven you can start making the cream/frosting
1.pour the cream into a saucepan and bring it to a boil
2. When it starts to boil remove from the heat and throw in your chocolate and vanilla extract and start stiring it until the chocolate is fully melted.
3.throw into the fridge and let it cool completely so that it can thicken perfectly it takes about an 1.5 hours
Now to the fun part DECORATING!!!
To be honest you can decorate this cake however you would like
But if you want to do it my way just follow these easy steps
1. You have to let the cake cool a bit before you start decorating otherwise you will risk the cream and frosting to melt.
2. Start by spreading the frosting you made earlier all over the cake
3. Transfer the cream that you whipped on to a plastic bag with a star tip at the end
4. Grab a handful of fresh berries and slice them up ( I prefer strawberries) and then place them on the cake